Top 10 list column is getting lot of page views with readership going up by 20% post adding category.
Today’s top 10 list look at 10 finance sites in India which i believe covers the best information required for equity research, keeping track of secondary markets and financial securities sector. Again in no order
1. Sharekhan.com – official online trading platform for Sharekhan securities one of the most efficient online trading platform with non clutter view to information. Their ability to keep non-sharekhan demat account holders engaged with content is highy appreciable.
2. Myiris.com – Started in pre-moneycontrol day when CNBC was still not the default financial market tracking channel. Excellent qualityof research and clean design keeps me bringing back. Peers and CXO level audience in Enterprise 2000 and SMB’s have mentioned site as alternate channel to their existing online DEMAT account provider.
3. Moneycontrol.com – Most exposed financial site in India with content syndicated from Network 18 group. Used to be one of my favourite site when they changed the way financial sites are to be used with web 2.0 tools which improved quality of research done and reduced effective time spent. For some reason lack of product innovation and repeative content from what i see on TV has some what weaned me away.
4. Indiainfoline.com – Another great online demat account company with great content exposed online without logging in again another site which has stopped evolving on product front but quality of content still ensures traction.
5. Valueresearchonline.com – Site has recently gone through a revamp and focus on mutual fund content has brought more interest from financial analyst community. The sites is targeted for more advanced audience which understand various investment instruments instead of amateurs looking for stock movements.
6.Valuenotes.com – Specific focus on Company Research Reports and very strong editorial content leads to high ranking among CFO audience. Biggest advantage this site carries is 70% repeat visitor rate due to high user conversion ratio into premium paid members.
7.Rediff.com/Stocks Section – My favourite Personal Finance tool site. I seriously love the stock hot or not barometer implemented. also ability to see historic movement of stock.
8.Taxindiaonline.com – Comphrensive guide on Taxation Rules & Law, This site is again big refernce point for CFO’s of today and their ablity to remain most updated in sync with Indian Tax Department notifications have got them high subscriber base even from Government departments.
9. InsuranceMall.in – Insurance Comparision engine – one of the early starters in the online space with well established finance company like Bonsai behind it.
10. Apnaloan.com – Not a big fan of the site due to lack of information on a self serve model.